Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I hate these morning surprises..

 Seriously!! No matter how many times we take out our dogs at night I STILL wake up to a mess somewhere in the house.

 We are the proud owners of 2 very loving dogs. Our oldest is Sprockets, he is a chocolate lab who has a striking resemblance of a Brown bear. No one seems to agree with me so I'm guessing its my love for bears coming out and shinning all of him. Seems to help him most when he SHITS in my kitchen. I do, however, have to give him some brownie points. This time it WAS in the kitchen (simple clean up.. when not runny) versus being on the carpet, in which case I would have lost it!

*"Lost it" - Yelling and complaining about why the hell we still have the dogs. Threaten to get rid of them and about 10 mins later talk myself out of it, cause there is no way I can get rid of Easton's best friend aaaand I don't want to live with that guilt.

  Back to what I was saying. Our second loving dog, who might I add has the WORST way of showing his   appreciation for all the CLEANING up I do for him, is Ratchet. Like the tool. Both dogs are named after tools. Why? Who the hell knows. But it is Ratchet. Not Rat shit. RatCHet. Hes our long haired dachshund. Totally cute and sweet. Also the devil. Now I don't want you to think I hate this dog, it's actually quite the opposite. I love him very much. He just has a problem with learning.

 Have you read my question I have posted on my profile on here? Yes, that question would have a lil something to do with Ratchet. I've kept him in his kennel. That didn't work. He just gets anxiety and poops in the cage. Yes the kennel is small. Not really a whole lot of room to scope out a spot and poop and then continue to share the it with the mess. I tried the whole put his nose in it thing. Doesn't work. So finally I started spanking him. Yes, spanking him. NOTHING WORKS!!

 I'm beginging to think he has his own personal vendetta against the kids. See, the thing is, he only does it in the boys room (I have a 5 yr. old named Easton and Rico who will be 2 in June). He marks their toys, their shoes, furniture, poops on the floor (thank god they're not bad poops ever) and he does also mark the table where they sit. He was actually doing really well. I think it had been about a week sense his last mess... until this morning.

 He pooped not once, but TWICE. Living-room floor and right in front of the boys door. As if Easton were to open the door to a small little reminder that Ratchet had been here.. "I'm watching you while you sleep, kid" Easton comes running out, "RatchETTT!! You pooped!! I don't like you when you poop!!" And Ratchet goes right to his kennel, knowing that's exactly where I would place him. So if he walks himself to his "time out spot" he knows perfectly well what he did was a no-no. Then why keep doing it!! Gahhh, I could scream with how frustrating this is!!

 Please if anyone has some suggestions let me know. I can't have him doing this. Its too repetitive and needs to stop. So leave your comments at the bottom, if you don't mind. Thanks all. I'm sure there is plenty more bitching and moaning to come. It too is repetitive. MUAH!   

No comments:

Post a Comment